What's new on Staticaly this October?

Image source: Pexels

• We currently have 3 origin servers (1 in US, 2 in Indonesia), plus 1 from EvenNode, 1 from opeNode, in total we have 5 origin servers.
  • CDN77 continues to sponsor us.
  • Now Imgpx support image resizing with the query parameter ?w = and ?h=, % is support. Example: https://cdn.staticaly.com/img/i.imgur.com/3QrPToe.jpg?w=400&h=266
  • Imgpx compress image to WebP automatically. (I really loved this feature)
  • CloudKilat, one of the largest cloud server providers in Indonesia joining us.
  • Sponsorhip is welcome!

We have lots of new stuff planned for the future. Follow us here and our Twitter account @staticalyhq to receive the latest updates from Staticaly. And you can always contribute Staticaly with the code, hosting, CDN, design, or other things we need, don’t hesitate to contact us.

1 Like

In Imgpx, how do I get the webp version?
I tried mirroring JPG and PNG pictures, the response header is still “image/jpeg” and “image/png” respectively.

Hey @volpow, so may there is a several reason why your images is not turn into WebP, all that I know is:

1. It is already minified.
  2. It is very small images.
  3. Your browser does not support webp.

WebP feature is on by default, entirely platform, you can see result for this image, loaded under screenshot feature and it is served with webp format since it has large file size and resolution.

frans@computer:~$ curl -I -H "Accept: image/webp" https://cdn.staticaly.com/screenshot/wp2static.com
HTTP/2 200 
date: Thu, 09 May 2019 08:09:40 GMT
content-type: image/webp
content-length: 69920
cf-bgj: imgq:100
cf-polished: origFmt=png, origSize=138424
content-disposition: inline; filename="wp2static.webp"
strict-transport-security: max-age=31536000; includeSubDomains; preload
timing-allow-origin: *
vary: Accept
x-cache: MISS
x-served-by: cache-sin18030-SIN
cache-control: public, max-age=43200, immutable
cf-cache-status: HIT
accept-ranges: bytes
x-content-type-options: nosniff
expect-ct: max-age=604800, report-uri="https://report-uri.cloudflare.com/cdn-cgi/beacon/expect-ct"
server: cloudflare
cf-ray: 4d42314a296bc331-SIN

So why is still necessary to load image with Imgpx? Even it doesn’t converted into webp, it still reduce the file size without losing image quality, but if you still not satisfied with Statically Imgpx default quality compression, you can control it with query params ?quality=:numeric(10-100).

And I know this is should be documented because people questioning about it, but I’m still looking for a perfect time to write nice documentation for Statically. But now, need to focus help Leon develop WP2Static.

So let me know if you have any other questions :slight_smile:

I see, it requires “Accept: image/webp” header, which is sent when I use and I received webp. When I directly access the URL, Firefox (66 as of writing) doesn’t send the header, which explains I didn’t receive the webp version.

I initially thought the server send webp based on user agent.

The quality parameter is a nice feature and should be documented or highlighted on the Imgpx page.

WP2Static looks cool.